For the pattern, I chose the Cheshire Cat Hoodie that I used already for one of my daughter's Christmas presents. But, I am not using it for that particular purpose. Instead, I am using it for a base.
I started to follow the pattern for stitch number, but quickly realized that some changes needed to made. I added about 20 more stitches and about 5 more rows to make it full enough. The front of the hood is done in alternating front and back stitches to give it a banded look. The yarn worked up into a really nice grouping of ombre stripes. I still used the lacing up the back of the hood to hold it together because I really liked the way that it looked. It could easily be stitched up instead of laced. The closure mostly depends on one's preference.
For this particular variation on the hood, I didn't want to put the long tassels on the front since I was going for a slightly different look. After looking at some other hoods online, I decided on a scarf addition to the front edges. Originally, they were supposed to be the same length, but the yarn ran a little short, so one side ended up being a little longer than the other. But, I think that it came out looking fine.
Check out the listing on my ETSY page for this hood. I plan to do another one in a black and green ombre after the holidays.
Have a great day!
Thanks for stopping by!