Lily's Birthday - Project #4 Jewelry Box



The jewelry box project was a last minute idea.  Lily and I were at Hobby Lobby (I really need to stay out of there.  It's dangerous when I am in a crafting mood.) to grab another bottle of metallic black paint and some larger grain silver glitter (to mix with the ceiling paint when it's time to paint her room).  On the way out, I wanted to check out the unfinished wood.  I have been looking for a small plaque like piece to attach some drawer pulls to make a coat rack for her room. It's really hard to find the kind that I am looking for.  As we headed out we noticed the jewelry box.  It was only $14, but I had a 40% off coupon.  It seemed like a no brainer.  She was very excited.



I used the same paint that I used on her nightstand and the same glitter.  All I really had to do was remove the handles and get started. 


Using foam brushes, I gave the jewelry box about four coats of paint then sprinkled glitter on the top of the box itself and the front of the drawers.  Lily also decided that the inside of the drawers needed some glitter, so we added that.


After it was all dried, I sprayed it with a couple of coats of clear enamel. It came out really good.  I am very pleased with it.  I have kept it back, though, until it is time for her full room refresh.  This is mostly for her rings, necklaces and bracelets.  I want to do an earring holder for her, too.  That one is constructed from a picture frame, painted and with screen wire stapled to the back.  I passed up on a frame once already and I feel like a dingus cause it was only $4.  I'll keep checking.






0 comments:

 
Amber By Design Blog Design by Ipietoon