The Dollar Store

Sometimes going into the local Dollar Store makes me cringe.  The people that frequent these particular locations can give me the creepy-crawlies.  But, Lily likes to go because once in a while she finds some nice things.  Nice in the eyes of an 8 year old, mind you.

This time, however, I found something that I wanted.  We were heading down the aisle where the toys are located, I happened to glance over at the books.  Usually they are all novels that no one has ever heard of, or something written by some evangelical weirdo who is now in jail.  But not this time!  This time I found something that I really wanted.


I got really excited!  It isn't everyday that you find a great book like this at the Dollar Store!  I read it from the library and wanted a copy, but I couldn't afford one since it is listed at $12.95 list price.  

HEHEHEH....Now I have my own and it only cost me a dollar.

And the best thing about it?   Lily says, "Now I can it and I won't have to get it from the library!"

Made my day.

2 comments:

Dina Ramse said...

Congratulations!
what a surprise to find this at a dollar store

Amber said...

No kidding! I went digging through hoping for more good finds. =o)

 
Amber By Design Blog Design by Ipietoon