Lily's Birthday - Project #1 Memory Board

Memory boards are wonderful things.  It's a great place to put all of the things that you don't want to lose.  Especially when you are a young lady with lots of friends and good memories.

Armed with a 2'x2' piece of pegboard, some 4 oz batting, white broadcloth, hot pink grosgrain ribbon, black satin ribbon, a staple gun and some buttons, I have made a Monster High inspired memory board.




Originally, I wanted to make it so it was shaped like the skullette, but it was too hard to cut the pegboard to shape with nothing more than a small hacksaw and no way to keep it still.  So, instead, I decided to keep it the square and use the colors of the room design and some fun punk buttons that had skull heads.  I've used pink grosgrain ribbon and black satin ribbon to criss cross the board.  At the intersections, I stapled the ribbon down and then glued Girl Punk buttons on top of the staples.  


I think that it came out really nice and it captures the spirit of Monster High, without being directly related to it.

I never realized how easy it was to make a memory board.  I think that the hardest part of the entire project was getting the stapler loaded.  =o)   I may have to make another one of these.

0 comments:

 
Amber By Design Blog Design by Ipietoon