Gift Cards are the Best Christmas Present Ever!

There is something so very satisfying about going shopping and spending very little money of your own.

We had a big day out yesterday and Lily had a good time, though she did pitch a fit in one of the stores. I think she was overstimulated. We hit up Joann Fabrics and I got some stuff for my polymer clay work. But unfortunately, the leaf I worked so very hard on broke. I was rather heart broken cause I worked on that one leaf for close to an hour. I will sit down and work on it again later. Not sure if I could fix the broken part or if I need to start over. At least I have the mica powders for it now, so I can make it shiny. Picked up some robot rubber stamps for Doc at Michaels Crafts. Lily thought they were quite funny and so did Doc.

Picked up Doc at work and had a good lunch at Casa Brava - a great Mexican restaurant in town. We have been there often enough that all of the waiters know us. Kind of scary when you think about it. After lunch, Lily and I headed off to spend her gift cards at the mall. We made a side stop at Borders Books. Unfortunately, ours is going out of business in the next week or so. Fortunately, they had all of their blue tag bargain books at 75% off. I got some fantasy romance books (at least I think that's what they are), a historical romance, and another one that I am really not sure what it would be classified as. I think it's called "Monster 1959" and I thought Doc might like it, but I will most likely read it, too. All of their regular books were 40% off. I got a couple of Forgotten Realms books, "The God Catcher" and "The Wrath of the Blue Lady". There wasn't much left. Only a couple of shelves of SciFi/Fantasy. The kids books were almost non-existent. They had a few blue tag bargain books left. Lily got all of the WITCH books. I don't know much about them, but they were 50c and she likes them. They are part chapter book and part comic book. She got 10 books I think for a little over $4.00. She was very excited.

On to the mall after that. Build-A-Bear was our first stop. She got a pink outfit for her bear. After that was Justice, where we had our little fit about things. She got a couple of sweaters and lip gloss. But she spent all of her gift card on the sweaters and then wanted to look at accessories. I told her that the sweaters took up all of her money and started to say but we could look at the accessories anyway - when the crying and grumping started. She calmed down after a few minutes, but still, it was unnecessary on her part. After that was Target, and a better mood. She got some Polly Pockets and we picked up a copy of Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. It was $5.99. I heard that it wasn't that great, but for that price I can handle not really liking it that much.

Barnes and Nobles was out next stop. We had to order some stuff for Doc. After the failed attempt at the website - it wouldn't discount with the member number and that was just annoying. We ordered him some Jean Luc Ponty CDs and the Cubicle Seven Doctor Who RPG. We are hoping that the one that we ordered has the David Tennant cover. I don't really want the Matt Smith cover, I like David Tennant better. MUCH better. =o) I did however pick up a Doctor Who novel, which I will read no matter who the Doctor is. I also got a couple of blank notebooks for a really good price. Lily got a ton of books. Some Magic Tree House books and a couple of Fairy Books. Her favorite, though, would be Junie B Jones and the Stupid Smelly Bus. If you haven't looked at the Junie B Jones series, you should. They are very funny.

All in all it was a good day off. Have tomorrow off, too. Deciding whether or not to head back to Joann's. Patterns on are sale. As for now, have to get ready for work.

Have a good day all.

0 comments:

 
Amber By Design Blog Design by Ipietoon