REDO!




Ok, I have decided to redo my blog. I don't really have enough nerdy thoughts right at the moment so I have decided instead to just post about things. Anything. The way I originally wanted to do it and didn't.

So on that note...

I have recently decided that I am not a complete dolt when it comes to baking bread. In fact, many years ago I made a fabulous loaf of sun-dried tomato herb bread. It was the best I think that I had ever had. Since then, though, I haven't had any luck. The last batch of bread I tried to make ended up not rising and being completely flat and hard. It was very depressing. I gave up after that. That was about five years ago.

Last week, however, was a whole different story. I decided to try again. I found a recipe on AllRecipes for Egg Bread. It sounded absolutely wonderful. Check out the recipe here! I got it all mixed together and it had just the right amount of elasticity and everything. Only problem, I couldn't get it to rise. My kitchen just isn't warm enough. Not even with the oven on. Here came the depression. I started to feel like I had wasted my money and was going to be throwing it all away.

Right at that moment - the buzzer on my dryer went off.

Wait a minute. Where in my home did I have a consistent source of heat?

The DRYER!

It was at that moment that I found the best place to make bread rise. I sat the bowl on the top of the dryer while it ran and placed a towel over top of it. Two hours later it had doubled in size and was well on it's way to being a fabulous loaf of bread. I made a tasty pair of Braided Egg Bread Loaves.

It made me so happy to have made this bread. It seems like such a small accomplishment, but for me to have made something like this and have it come out so well, it really was a confidence booster. So much so, that I made another batch of bread today. This time I made Buttermilk Herb Bread. I don't have any photos of that one, but let me tell you. OMG! It has the most amazing taste. I really recommend both recipes.

Next, I'm trying Brioche. We'll see if I can handle a French Country Bread.


1 comments:

Greg said...

Here is a free RPG to help get you back into the geeky groove.

www.synapserpg.com/download

good luck with your quest to defeat the bread gremlins.

 
Amber By Design Blog Design by Ipietoon