A Winter Wonderland


I'm on vacation this week and it's snowing. Doc and Super Princess Power Girl still had to go to their respective "workplaces" (somedays, for her, it is work), but I am at home sewing doll clothes, contemplating my Greek-Fantasy world, listening to a variety of music from Katy Perry to Duran Duran and watching the flakes fall. Even though I don't like snow, it's really pretty out. Everything is still somewhat pristine (minus the footprints from my boots). So I decided to take some pictures.

This little guy was nice enough to sit still for me. His buddy, however, headed off as soon as he noticed me sneaking up. Granted I sneak like a pregnant water buffalo (or so I've been told - thanks to Tara, my friend from high school for that little bit of encouragment). I particularly like this photo. The hazy sun right behind him makes it really nice. That and something about the chilled, snow topped berries all around. It's such a great wintertime image.

And speaking of snow-topped, chilled berries. There are these little trees all around in front of our condo units. I am not sure what they are, but those berries seem to hang around all year long. I thought at first that they might be crab apples, but they are awfully small. Then again, they could be flowering crab apples which I don't believe are edible. But they make for good imagery.

Snow capped bird feeders are another thing that I think looks really pretty. This particular one is in our side yard. We picked it out last year and the birdies emptied it in about ten seconds. I need to find the bird seed. I'm sure right about now they'd be appreciative.

The sun's starting to peak through a little bit now, but my toes are too cold to head back out for more pics. I have to go out later and shovel the walk and such anyway. Maybe more then. For now, it's back to the shirt for the dolly I made and listening to some more music, while contemplating how to best insert the Nine Headed Hydra from Hades into the game I am planning.

How I love vacations...

0 comments:

 
Amber By Design Blog Design by Ipietoon