The Things You Find

So I was cleaning out the top of my daughter's closet the other day and found that I stored some of my old CD's and cassettes up there. I found a whole box of them. I had forgotten completely about some of the things that were up there. I found a good bit of old 80s music (Madonna, Wham and various things that I recorded off radio when I lived down south many years ago), a copy of the Timelords single "Doctorin' the Tardis" - both the one that was sold in stores and a copy of a studio tape that was released in England (I think), Duran Duran's "Tiger Tiger" - the Japanese single release, another Duran Duran single that I don't remember the name of, Hooked on Swing and Hooked on Classics, The Classics in Rythmn - the Royal Philharmonc Orchestra took great classical pieces and redid them with a pop beat (GREAT!!) and Doctor Demento's Basement Tapes Volume 1 - A CD that one only recieved when they became a member of the Demento Society. Boy, some of the things that one finds.

I also discovered that apparently I like to read contemporary romances. Go figure, I do have a girly side after all. But mind you, these aren't regular bodice rippers. They have a supernatural twist to them. In fact the House on Tradd Street that I read, by Karen White, was rather good. It was an engaging read with interesting characters. I liked it. It has a sequel coming out in November. I'm actually looking forward to it.

I just read one called The Demon King and I by Candace Havens. Had a little more... well, bodice ripping in it, but not enough that it made me cringe. It wasn't bad at all. In fact, I read it in like 3 days. It was about a set of four sisters that were given the task of protecting the Earth and other worlds from a growing darkness. Not bad. There are some more by her. I haven't read any of those.

I got both of those books and some others for cheap at Borders. I mean CHEAP! They were $4.00 and buy one get one free.

I like those sales.

0 comments:

 
Amber By Design Blog Design by Ipietoon