Review: Book - The Fractured Sky

This is the second book in the Empyrean Odyssey. Book one was "The Gossamer Plain", this is book two and the third book in due out in November.

This was just about the same as the first one. We continue to follow the misadventures of Aliiza, the alu, and Kaanyr Vhok, the cambion. Vhok has finally arrived at the end of his quest, only to discover that his friend, Zasian, is not who he seemed to be, and his lover, Aliiza, has had a change of heart. Together, bound by the angel Tauran, and a new companion named Kael, they must find Zasian and stop whatever scheme he has put into play. Unfortunately, while doing this, they must also discover what has split the Celestial Plane in twain and do what they can to set right a series of events that seems almost impossible.

I kind of enjoyed this one more than the last one, only because there was more interaction with Aliiza, the alu. She got to do more this time around instead of being stuck with her ghosts from the last book. We also find out more about her child - the child that Vhok is less than excited about. I think that the part that annoyed me most about this book was the ending. Don't worry, not going to spoil it for anyone. It's just that everything goes awry right at the end - and the next one doesn't come out till November.

I will read the last installment just so I can find out what happens. At least, unlike some of the other Forgotten Realms books that I have read, this one is not set in the same place all of the time and there is definately more swordplay. I like that.

Amazon has it for $7, which is what I paid for it at my local bookshop. I recommend it.

0 comments:

 
Amber By Design Blog Design by Ipietoon