Halloween, Part 1

Lily, my sweet little three year old daughter, tells me "Mommy, I want to be a witch for Haldoween. But, I also want to be a ghost - and a pumpkin." Twenty minutes into finding stuff for the said witchy-ghost-pumpkin costume (which I decided would be an orange and black witch costume with little ghosts and pumpkins on the hat and bodice) she decides that she wants to be Harry Potter, Hermione and Ron. The look on her face when I told her that I didn't know how to do that was amazing. "You don't?" she asked in surprise then changed the subject by saying, "Mommy, I really hafta pee." Oh, three year olds.

Eventually, we settled on the idea of the orange and black witch costume with the little pumpkins and ghosts and a Harry Potter wand. I had to drive all over town to find that damn wand, but find it I did. Now she wants to be Cinderella. *sigh*

She'll be happy with the witch once I get it done. Got it cut out and all, now I just have to did out my sewing machine and serger. That's always the hard part.

---

Every year on the Sunday before Halloween, Doc and I run our Halloween Game. Last year I did Sci Fi Original Pictures presents a Sci Fi Original Roleplaying Game Mandingo.It was fun. I had all of the player characters in a small outback town in Australia with no way out being attacked by were-dingoes. Eventually, there was a lot of death and betrayal by one of the characters. Everyone had a good time, so I'm doing it again this year. I didn't use a system persay, I just made it up as I went along. I gave everyone three things that they were really good at, three things that they were really bad at, a short background, a catch phrase and one thing that they had to say somewhere during the game that would give them a drama point to change the plot. I think that it worked out well. On that note, I can't decide just what strange creature they are going to encounter this year. Mantopus? Manster? I need to think about it. But whatever it will be, there will be crazy fun had by all.

2 comments:

Infamous Jum said...

Manatee.

romana1 said...

Oh man, I hadn't thought of that one. Hmm...

 
Amber By Design Blog Design by Ipietoon